If You Become Sick

Use these guidelines:

If you are experiencing COVID-19 症状 you should get tested as soon as possible.

Where can I get tested?

学生 can pick up a rapid antigen test at the library during normal hours of operation. 教师 and staff can also pick up test kits through Human 资源 (Monday-Friday between 10 a.m. 还有2p.m. with current SMC ID). And, students, faculty, and staff can also get tested at a state-run testing site.

How do I report a positive case 的COVID-19?

Report a positive COVID-19 test of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 using the link below. 


If you a close contact of a positive case or someone in your household tests positive: 

You do not need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless you develop 症状. If you develop 症状, get tested and wear a mask indoors in public for 10 days following exposure or until your test result is negative. 

  • If you do not have 症状 you may attend classes and other events. 

遵循 Contra Costa County Guidance  &  COVID-19 Patients and Contacts

If you receive a positive test result: 

If you have experienced a positive test result, complete this form. Anyone in our community  who tests positive will be required to 隔离 for at least 5 days. 学生 who live on campus should report their positive test result to their RA or RD. The Residential CARE Team will  provide guidance on isolation on campus or at home. 

学生 who test positive through the 健康 and 健康 Center, will be contacted by the H&WC团队. 

You may choose to notify those you live with or have been in close contact with to encourage them to keep an eye out for 症状 over the next ten days. In accordance with Contra Costa County Guidance

关闭 contacts will only need to quarantine themselves if they are experiencing 症状 的COVID-19. 

遵循 Contra Costa County Guidance  &  COVID-19 Patients and Contacts

If you do need to 隔离, we encourage you to work with your academic advisor, success coach, and professors to communicate clearly about how you will continue to make academic progress. Please remember that it is your responsibility to work with your teachers on completing class requirements. You may be required to fulfill class assignments and other responsibilities as assigned. You may choose to work with Student Disabilities Services (SDS) on temporary learning accommodations if needed.  

When 学生 and Employees Should Seek Emergency Care:

Know emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:

  • Trouble breathing
  • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
  • New confusion
  • Inability to wake or stay awake
  • Bluish lips or face 

Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19 症状. This list is not all possible 症状. Call your medical provider for any 症状 that are concerning to you. 

*Emergency symptom list is taken from 中心 for Disease Control and Prevention 5月(2020). Symptoms of Coronavirus. Accessed 10/27/2020.